giraph-user mailing list archives

From Puneet Agarwal <puagar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: When do Giraph vertices receive their messages?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:14:30 GMT
These are some very interesting questions. I also would like to know the answers to these.
- PuneetIIT Delhi, India

     On Monday, November 10, 2014 9:30 AM, Vincentius Martin <vincentiusmartin@gmail.com>
wrote:

 I am curious about how does Giraph receive messages before processing it
I know that they use their accepted messages in the compute() method on the next superstep,
but when do they receive it? If it is before the checkpoint process, is there any part in
the documentation/code that I can see to understand it?Also, what mechanism that Giraph use
to store messages before superstep S+1? Are they store it in a buffer or disk first?I still
cannot find anything about this.
Regards,
Vincentius Martin