giraph-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Cornell <m...@matthewcornell.org>
Subject Re: YARN vs. MR1: is YARN a good idea ? Out-of-Core Graph ?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:02:04 GMT
Following up, does anyone have thoughts re: MR1 vs YARN performance?
Thank you. -- matt

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 8:34 AM,  <olivier.varene@orange.com> wrote:
> Hello Tripti,
>
> I bumped into this mail, I am experiencing out-of-memory errors on my small cluster,
> and, as out-of-core graph does not seem to work on giraph 1.1-SNAPSHOT, I was wondering
if you had any jira / patched already posted  to help solve this issue ?

> Thanks a lot
>
> regards
>

> ------------------------------------
> Olivier Varène
> Big Data Referent
> Orange - DSI France/Digital Factory
> olivier.varene@orange.com
> +33 4 97 46 29 94
>

> Le 10 oct. 2014 à 20:15, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Matthew,
>> I would have been thrilled to give you numbers on this one but for me the Application
is not scaling without the out-of-core option( which isn't working the way it was in previous
version)
>> I'm still figuring it out and can get back once it's resolved. I have patched a few
things and will share them for people who might face similar issue. If u have a fix for scalability,
do let me know

>> Thanks,
>> Tripti
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 06-Oct-2014, at 9:22 pm, "Matthew Cornell" <matt@matthewcornell.org>
wrote:

>>> Hi Folks. I don't think I paid enough attention to YARN vs. MR1 when I
>>> built Giraph 1.0.0 for our system. How much better is Giraph on YARN?
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Matthew Cornell | matt@matthewcornell.org

> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou
privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, veuillez le signaler
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques
etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Merci.

--
Matthew Cornell | matt@matthewcornell.org | 413-626-3621 | 34
Dickinson Street, Amherst MA 01002 | matthewcornell.org