giraph-user mailing list archives

From <olivier.var...@orange.com>
Subject Re: YARN vs. MR1: is YARN a good idea ? Out-of-Core Graph ?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:34:29 GMT
Hello Tripti,

I bumped into this mail, I am experiencing out-of-memory errors on my small cluster,
and, as out-of-core graph does not seem to work on giraph 1.1-SNAPSHOT, I was wondering if
you had any jira / patched already posted  to help solve this issue ?

Thanks a lot

regards

------------------------------------
Olivier Varène
Big Data Referent
Orange - DSI France/Digital Factory
olivier.varene@orange.com
+33 4 97 46 29 94

Le 10 oct. 2014 à 20:15, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com> a écrit :

> Hi Matthew,
> I would have been thrilled to give you numbers on this one but for me the Application
is not scaling without the out-of-core option( which isn't working the way it was in previous
version)
> I'm still figuring it out and can get back once it's resolved. I have patched a few things
and will share them for people who might face similar issue. If u have a fix for scalability,
do let me know

> Thanks,
> Tripti
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 06-Oct-2014, at 9:22 pm, "Matthew Cornell" <matt@matthewcornell.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks. I don't think I paid enough attention to YARN vs. MR1 when I
>> built Giraph 1.0.0 for our system. How much better is Giraph on YARN?
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> Matthew Cornell | matt@matthewcornell.org

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed
or falsified.
Thank you.