giraph-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Kumar A <pava...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: receiving messages that I didn't send
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:46:00 GMT
Can you give more context?What are the types of messages, patch of your compute method, etc.You
will not receive messages that are not sent, but one thing that can happen is-- message can
have multiple parameters.suppose message objects can have 2 parametersm - a,bsay in m's write(out)
you do not handle the case of b = nullm1 sets bm2 has b=nullthen because of incorrect code
for m's write() m2 can show b = m1.bthat is because message objects will be re-used when receiving.
This is a Giraph gotcha, because ofobject reuse in most iterators.
Thanks