giraph-user mailing list archives

From Puneet Agarwal <puagar...@yahoo.com>
Subject getAggregatedValue calling aggregate
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 04:25:34 GMT
I have created my own aggregator, by extending the BasicAggregator.

In this aggregator I have overridden following methods

aggregate()
createInitialValue()
getAggregatedValue()

(The documentation says that we need to implement aggregate and createInitialValue methods
only, if so, how and what will it return when getAggregatedValue() is called?)

My main problems are:

a. When I call the method getAggregatedValue() from the compute method of my vertex class,
nothing gets returned
b. When I call the method getAggregatedValue() from the compute method of my vertex class,
aggregate() method of the aggregator class is getting called and it received the value returned
by the method getAggregatedValue().

am I missing something very basic here?

Please Help

Puneet Agarwal