giraph-user mailing list archives

From Puneet Agarwal <puagar...@yahoo.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:47:54 GMT
Hi,
I wrote a code on Giraph 1.0.0 and using it with Hadoop 1.0.0

My program, uses an Aggregator to find the top-K vertices in some manner.
I am running this program only on 11 vertices.

I have written my own Aggregator class, which extends BasicAggregator<Text>
I have declared two instance variables in this class, i.e., there are two ArrayLists inside
the class and outside method bodies.

The logic is to keep adding the values received in these ArrayLists, until top-K values are
found.
when I add second value in these ArrayLists, I get the error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space

I have tried to increase heap-size, to 4gb by modifying the mapred-site.xml, but no respite.

Please help.

Regards
Puneet Agarwal
IIT Delhi