giraph-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Cornell <m...@matthewcornell.org>
Subject How do I validate customArguments?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:36:58 GMT
Hi again. My application needs to pass in a String argument to the
computation which each Vertex needs access to. (The argument is a list of
the form "[item1, item2, ...]".) I found --customArguments (which I set in
my tests via conf.set(<arg_name>, <arg_val>)) but I need to check that it's
properly formatted. Where do I do that? The only thing I thought of is to
specify a DefaultMasterCompute subclass whose initialize() does the check,
but all the initialize() examples do is register aggregators; none of them
check args or do anything else. Thanks in advance! -- matt

--
Matthew Cornell | matt@matthewcornell.org | 413-626-3621 | 34 Dickinson
Street, Amherst MA 01002 | matthewcornell.org