giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Sirotin <sirot...@web.de>
Subject Re: Hadoop Multi Node Cluster Configuration
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 09:37:57 GMT
Hi,

I am not an expert, but I am running a 5 machine cluster.

I do the following.

Machine 1: DataNode and NodeManager
Machine 2: ResourceManager (Yarn-Master) and ProxyServer
Machine 3,4,5: NameNode and SecondaryNameNode

If you like you can also start the slave-processes also on the
master-machines, so you are also using the diskspace of these. For me it
is not neccessary yet and I am using the master-nodes dedicatedly.

To define you just put into the hostname or ip-address into
etc/hadoop/[masters|slaves]. 1 host per line

Best regards