giraph-user mailing list archives

From Vineet Mishra <clearmido...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Giraph Basic Job Run
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 06:48:36 GMT
Hi Ritesh,

As far as I have checked this error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/giraph/GiraphRunner : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

usually comes when the code compilation is done in one version and code is
run in another version(usually lower) but I have explicitly set java 7 for
compilation while packaging the project and moreover I have Java 7 set in
classpath(referred bashrc) and this error Unsupported major.minor version
51.0 itself says that the compilation is done in java 7.

So does that mean my Java is taking lower version than Java 7 even though I
am able to see the classpath set to Java 7.

java version "1.7.0_21"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)

Although I have faced this classversion error several times while running
code from eclipse but this is the first time I am facing this issue with
maven build and I don't find any reason for it to behave vague.

Experts suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!