giraph-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Rowe <bryanrow...@gmail.com>
Subject How to run Connected Components example (input graph formatting issue)
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:53:23 GMT
I'm having trouble running the connected components example.

This is what the folder looks like:
https://github.com/apache/giraph/tree/release-1.0/giraph-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/giraph/examples

Here is the code:
https://github.com/apache/giraph/blob/release-1.0/giraph-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/giraph/examples/ConnectedComponentsVertex.java

The problem is the input file format.  It's expecting a certain format with
Int,
I can't seem to find the correct input file format file anywhere in this
release (or any release).  I'm expecting IntIntNullIntTextInputFormat file
available, but there isn't one.

I googled that format and found this:
https://apache.googlesource.com/giraph/+/old-move-to-tlp/src/main/java/org/apache/giraph/examples/IntIntNullIntTextInputFormat.java

But the code will not compile with the current project, but that's okay
because I don't want to be limited to Int's anyway.

I would ultimatley like to change the ConnectedComponentsVertex.java code
to use the same input file format that the SSSP example uses, which is:
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat

How would I go about doing that?
Can I simply change this

public class IntIntNullIntTextInputFormat extends
TextVertexInputFormat<IntWritable, IntWritable, NullWritable,
IntWritable> {

to this:

public class IntIntNullIntTextInputFormat extends
TextVertexInputFormat<Long, Double, Float,
Double> {

or will additional work need to be done?

Thanks,
Bryan