giraph-user mailing list archives

From Liannet Reyes <lianne...@gmail.com>
Subject Aggregate sent message message bytes increase with the number of workers
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:01:34 GMT
Hi all,

I've noticed that the aggregated message bytes counter increases with the
number of workers, even when the total amount of messages sent remains the
same!

For instance while using only 1 worker the messages bytes is 1000, no
matter how many times I run the program this number remains the same, but
using 2 workers this number slightly increase (1060), and the same thing by
adding more workers.

Could someone explain me how is this possible? It is likely to happen
because of checksums or another mechanism to handle communication but I
would really like to know the right reason.

Regards,

Liannet