giraph-user mailing list archives

From Semih Salihoglu <se...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Introducing Graft: A debugging and testing tool for Giraph algorithms
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 13:33:37 GMT
Hi Eugene,

These are very interesting ideas. We designed Graft with the assumption
that users would visualize only a very very small part of the graph (e.g. a
single vertex or a single vertex and its neighbors). This has a few
advantages: (1) Because very few number of vertices are logged Graft's
overhead is very small. (2) Visualization is simple. In order to become a
complete GUI for large-graphs, we'd need to figure out how users would want
to visualize large-graphs. We think that's a very interesting question but
we don't know the answer. Probably not in a node-link format as even at a
scale of a few hundred vertices, meaningful visualization in a node-link
graph becomes very difficult.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the logging being terse?

Best,

semih