giraph-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Kumar A <pava...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: n-ary relationship on Giraph
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 00:57:56 GMT
The state of triplet A >C>B can be stored in the edge value for C (the edge from A ->
B)I would like to remind you that Giraph is a batch processing framework, and not a graph
database.You can do  complex graph processing on the input graph, such questions can be answered
very trivially. But performance need not be great. You must write java code and run a map-reduce
job.
For this case your compute function consists of just 1 superstepwhich filters edges for a
vertex based on the criterion and then you can write the output back to one of the supported
storage formats.

Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:32:44 -0700
From: sujanucsc@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: n-ary relationship on Giraph
To: user@giraph.apache.org

Lets say I have node A and B, linked with edge C.Now I have properties which belongs to this
A -> C -> B triplet. For example I have property 'date created'. 'date created' property
belongs to A-> C-> B.Can I represent this in Giraph. Also does giraph has querying mechanism?
So that I can retrieve triplets which are created before particular
 date?
 Sujan Perera