giraph-user mailing list archives

From chadi jaber <chadijaber...@hotmail.com>
Subject Optimal number of Workers
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:34:53 GMT
Hello !!Can anybody explain how threads are used by worker in Giraph ? for which purposes ?
how the number of thread to use is determined by worker?
I often have the following error :org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
unable to create new native thread.
A check on the number of thread by worker gives child processes with 100 threads by worker
process (10 workers in a 12 processors machine), which is in my opinion too large isn't it
?if i reduce the number of workers , the number of threads decreases. How must we choose the
number of workers?
Thanks in advance.Chadi