giraph-user mailing list archives

From Liannet Reyes <lianne...@gmail.com>
Subject using partition class
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:59:17 GMT
Hi all,

I´m trying to use the giraph partition class to improve my graph
distribution, however I hardly found info on how to use it.
I´m testing the SimpleShortestPathsComputation example with the
tiny_graph.txt input file and the SimpleLongRangePartitionerFactory
out-of-the-box in org.apache.giraph.partition but without success.
Apparentely I need a Partition class and the
SimpleLongRangePartitionerFactory is not.

Can you kindly please let me know the proper way to do it? See below my
command and console output

hadoop jar
$GIRAPH_HOME/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-1.2.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-vip /user/hduser/input/tiny_graph.txt -vof
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/user/hduser/output/shortestpaths -pc
org.apache.giraph.partition.SimpleLongRangePartitionerFactory -w 2

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: class
org.apache.giraph.partition.SimpleLongRangePartitionerFactory not
org.apache.giraph.partition.Partition
 at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.setClass(Configuration.java:915)
at org.apache.giraph.conf.ClassConfOption.set(ClassConfOption.java:182)
 at
org.apache.giraph.conf.GiraphConfiguration.setPartitionClass(GiraphConfiguration.java:594)
at
org.apache.giraph.utils.ConfigurationUtils.populateGiraphConfiguration(ConfigurationUtils.java:375)
 at
org.apache.giraph.utils.ConfigurationUtils.parseArgs(ConfigurationUtils.java:207)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:74)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
 at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:124)
 at
at

Thanks in advance

Liannet