giraph-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Kumar A <pava...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Giraph Buffer Size
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:14:10 GMT

What do u mean by buffer size? Just as a note, please ensure that Xmx & Xms values are
properly set for the mapper using mapred.child.java.opts or mapred.map.child.java.optsAlso
what does the error message show: please use pastebin & post the link here.
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:13:29 +0530
Subject: Giraph Buffer Size
From: agrta.rawat@gmail.com
To: user@giraph.apache.org

Hi All,

I am trying to run a job in Giraph-1.0.0 on Hadoop-1.0.0 cluster with 3 nodes.
Each node has 32gb RAM.

In superstep-8 of my algorithm approximately 2M messages are being sent where size of each
message is more than 20 kb. But the process sticks here and task gets failed.

In the sysout logs, it shows Fatal Error.

Is this error because Buffer is getting full?
How can I increase the buffer size for giraph application?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Agrta Rawat