giraph-user mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Graph and Iterative Analytics meetup@Facebook
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 04:20:57 GMT
Hello Giraphers!

We are excited to host a 'Graph and Iterative Analytics' Meetup at the
Facebook campus.

This event is a great opportunity for the community building large-scale
graph analytics and machine learning platforms to connect with each
other, share experiences and discuss challenges and roadmap with
Facebook Giraph engineers. To confirm your participation, please send
your name and affiliation details to laura.molera@fb.com to receive a
formal invitation to RSVP.

Location: 1601 Willow Road, Building 10, Menlo Park, CA 94025 – Please
check-in at Building 10 lobby and bring a photo I.D.

Date: Tuesday, May 13th

Time: Please check in at 6:30pm, the Tech Talks begins around 7:00 pm –
Avery, Michael and Jay will each speak around 20 minutes. After we will
have plenty of time for questions, networking and Happy Hour. Drinks and
appetizers will be served.

Avery Ching has a PhD from Northwestern University in the area of
parallel computing. He worked atYahoo! Search for four years on the web
map analytics platform, large-scale adhoc serving infrastructure, and
cluster management. During the past two and a half years, he has been
working at Facebook in the general area of scalable computational
frameworks.

Michael Ringenburg is System Architect at YarcData, where he focuses on
designing big data graph analytics appliances. He holds a doctorate in
Computer Science from the University of Washington, and Bachelors and
Masters degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science from Dartmouth College.

Jay Tang is currently Director of Big Data Engineering at PayPal leading
its big data effort. He is passionate about data. Jay was a member of
the original Hadoop team at Yahoo! building and managing the world's
largest Hadoop cluster at that time. He has built large MPP databases at
IBM/Informix/Yahoo! and BI products at Oracle/Hyperion.

We hope to see you there!

Avery