giraph-user mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to change graph
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:03:56 GMT
Yes, this is one of the great things about Giraph (not many other graph
computation frameworks allow graph mutation).  See the Computation class
(i.e.)

   /**
    * Sends a request to create a vertex that will be available during the
    * next superstep.
    *
    * @param id Vertex id
    * @param value Vertex value
    * @param edges Initial edges
    */
   void addVertexRequest(I id, V value, OutEdges<I, E> edges) throws
IOException;

   /**
    * Sends a request to create a vertex that will be available during the
    * next superstep.
    *
    * @param id Vertex id
    * @param value Vertex value
    */
   void addVertexRequest(I id, V value) throws IOException;

   /**
    * Request to remove a vertex from the graph
    * (applied just prior to the next superstep).
    *
    * @param vertexId Id of the vertex to be removed.
    */
   void removeVertexRequest(I vertexId) throws IOException;

   /**
    * Request to add an edge of a vertex in the graph
    * (processed just prior to the next superstep)
    *
    * @param sourceVertexId Source vertex id of edge
    * @param edge Edge to add
    */
   void addEdgeRequest(I sourceVertexId, Edge<I, E> edge) throws
IOException;

   /**
    * Request to remove all edges from a given source vertex to a given
target
    * vertex (processed just prior to the next superstep).
    *
    * @param sourceVertexId Source vertex id
    * @param targetVertexId Target vertex id
    */
   void removeEdgesRequest(I sourceVertexId, I targetVertexId)
     throws IOException;