maybe it would be better if you use mapreduce such that in the map phase each key-value pair at a node is a key and the node is the value...this way you get the first level of connections at the reduce-keys...then u can use the output of reduce phase as adjacency list for the graph to be processed using Giraph...
Cheers
Pankaj