giraph-user mailing list archives

From Rana Althunyan <ranoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: push-relabel flow algorithm
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:28:24 GMT
Hi again Pascal
That is realy very helpful. I don’t know how can I thank you.

I have another question, do I need to create a new custom input format? I do not think so.

I can use jason format because the other edge values i will set them in compute function.
do you agree with me.

Thank you so so much
Rana
On Mar 25, 2014, at 2:42 AM, Pascal Jäger <pascal@pascaljaeger.de> wrote:

> Hi Rana,
>
> all you need to do is writing your own EdgeValue and VertexValue class by implementing
the Writable Interface.
> You can use any field you like. Just make sure you write or read them in the Writeable
methods.

> Here’s VertexValue I use (There may be better ways for writing list, but it works just
fine)

> http://pastebin.com/VpMVFuuc
>
> In your compute method get the VertexValue with vertex.getValue() and apply your changes.
That’s it.
> Whatever you write into it in step one, you will be able to read or modify in step two.
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal
>

> Am 25.03.2014 um 07:14 schrieb Rana Althunyan <ranooonh@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello Pankaj Malhotra,
>>
>> Yes, I need to assign more than values to the edge. I need the edge has [flow, capacity,
distinction, source]
>> You says I need to create a new class type for edge, How can I pass it to json class
and how can I make json class read my new edge object.

>> I need to submit my code next week, so any answer or recommendation will definitely
help.

>> thanks
>> Rana
>>
>> On Mar 24, 2014, at 7:29 AM, Pankaj Malhotra <pankajiitdyn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If I get your point-1 right, you want to have a vertex class type other than
the ones available, for example: Text. If this is what you want, you can have a class having
as many fields as you want. Then convert the objects of that class to Json objects using Gson
for example. Then, you can use the Json string to set the fields of the Text class.

>>> On 22 March 2014 04:50, Rana Althunyan <ranooonh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello experts,
and I need to implement One algorithm via Apache Giraph.The algorithm is push-relabel flow
algorithm. Actually when I started to adapt the algorithm to fit to Giraph I found some problems.
I will list them.

I store excess flow and distance value for each vertex.
flow  during future supersteps even if the vertex received messages.
two values of residual graph  the remaining value from the edge capacity and the amount of
flow that we use so far.  How can I do that. How can I keep these two values for each vertex
in the graph.

I did not find any discussion regards to this algorithm