giraph-user mailing list archives

From Aapo Kyrola <akyr...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: GSoC 2014 - Strongly Connected Components
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 18:52:36 GMT
Hi Gianluca,

for reference, or comparison, you might want to check GraphChi's implementation of SCC (based
on the same Salihoglu et. al. paper):
https://github.com/GraphChi/graphchi-cpp/blob/master/example_apps/stronglyconnectedcomponents.cpp

it is a bit sketchy, but works...

Aapo

On Mar 14, 2014, at 1:26 PM, Gianluca Righetto <gianluca@menttis.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been working with Giraph for some time now and I'd like to make some contributions
back to the project through Google Summer of Code.
> I wrote a project proposal to implement an algorithm for finding Strongly Connected Components
in a graph, based on recently published research papers. The main idea of the algorithm is
to find clusters (or groups) in the graph and it's arguably more insightful than the currently
available Connected Components algorithm.
> So, if there's any Apache member interested in mentoring this project, please, feel free
to contact me.
> And any kind of feedback will be greatly appreciated.
>
> You can find the document in Google Drive here: http://goo.gl/1fqqui
>
> Thanks,
> Gianluca Righetto

Aapo Kyrola