giraph-user mailing list archives

From Jyotirmoy Sundi <sundi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error while running giraph of YARN (was working in MR1)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:02:32 GMT
Hi Eli,
       Please ignore my previous response.
So for Giraph on YARN, are you saying for a large graph when running on MR1
(runs with one master + multiple worker) but for yarn it would be one
Application Master, one Master, and multiple Workers ?

Thanks
Sundi

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Jyotirmoy Sundi <sundi133@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm,
> I am running in cloudera manager. The number of application master,master
> and worker seems as per the config stats.
>
> I get the following response in master mapper while running on a small
> graph
> MASTER_ONLY checkWorkers: Only found 2 responses of 3 needed to start
> superstep -1
>
> When I go to the mapper running master, I get the following log:
>
> INFO org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster: logMissingWorkersOnSuperstep: No response
from partition 3 (could be master)

> Any idea what configuration issue it might be ?
>

> Thanks
>
> Sundi
>

> On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Eli Reisman <apache.mailbox@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> This looks like YARN cluster is misconfigured. Alternately, you need to
>> configure it to allow a few more worker tasks. Giraph on YARN at minimum
>> needs one Application Master, one Master, and one Worker (so 3 YARN
>> containers) I have a feeling this could be the issue.
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Jyotirmoy Sundi <sundi133@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>>     The job was working properly in MR1 without any issue. I am trying to run
a simple CC sample Giraph job on YARN. . I have attached the stacktrace and a few errors.
Any pointers will be really helpful for the below errors.

>>> *1. BspServiceMaster (YARN profile) is FAILING this task, throwing exception
to end job run.*

>>> *2. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not enough healthy workers to create input
splits*

>>> *StackTrace:*
>>>
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,646 INFO org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster: logMissingWorkersOnSuperstep:
No response from partition 2 (could be master)
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,646 ERROR org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster: checkWorkers:
Did not receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 2 required) after waiting 600000msecs).
 This occurs if you do not have enough map tasks available simultaneously on your Hadoop instance
to fulfill the number of requested workers.
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,649 INFO org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster: setJobState:
{"_stateKey":"FAILED","_applicationAttemptKey":-1,"_superstepKey":-1} on superstep -1
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,653 FATAL org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster: failJob:
Killing job job_201402281650_0019
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,654 FATAL org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster: failJob:
exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not enough healthy workers to create input splits
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,654 ERROR org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread: masterThread:
Master algorithm failed with RuntimeException
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: BspServiceMaster (YARN profile) is FAILING this task,
throwing exception to end job run.
>>> 	at org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster.failJob(BspServiceMaster.java:349)
>>> 	at org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster.setJobStateFailed(BspServiceMaster.java:297)
>>> 	at org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster.createInputSplits(BspServiceMaster.java:616)
>>> 	at org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster.createVertexInputSplits(BspServiceMaster.java:692)
>>> 	at org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread.run(MasterThread.java:100)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not enough healthy workers to create
input splits
>>> 	... 4 more
>>> 2014-03-02 04:53:24,656 FATAL org.apache.giraph.graph.GraphMapper: uncaughtException:
OverrideExceptionHandler on thread org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread, msg = java.lang.RuntimeException:
BspServiceMaster (YARN profile) is FAILING this task, throwing exception to end job run.,
exiting...
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.RuntimeException: BspServiceMaster

--
Best Regards,
Jyotirmoy Sundi