giraph-user mailing list archives

From Gianluca Righetto <gianl...@menttis.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2014 - Strongly Connected Components
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:26:46 GMT
Hi,

Thank you both for your comments and support.
Mirko, I'm glad you'd like to be the mentor of this project, we just need to confirm this
is OK with GSoC and Apache, just to avoid any issues down the road.
Avery, what do you think about this?

Thanks,
Gianluca Righetto

Am 15.03.2014 um 09:34 schrieb Mirko Kämpf:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> thanks for sharing your ideas and sending your proposal.
> Your approach sounds promising and I am very interested
> in supporting your work.
>
> I am not an official member of the Apache Giraph project
> at the moment, so my question goes to Avery:
> Would it be possible for me to become a mentor for Gianluca's project?
>
> Best wishes
> Mirko
>

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Avery Ching <aching@apache.org> wrote:
> This is a great idea.  Unfortunately, I'm a little bandwidth limited, but I hope someone
can help mentor you!

> On 3/14/14, 1:26 PM, Gianluca Righetto wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been working with Giraph for some time now and I'd like to make some contributions
back to the project through Google Summer of Code.
> I wrote a project proposal to implement an algorithm for finding Strongly Connected Components
in a graph, based on recently published research papers. The main idea of the algorithm is
to find clusters (or groups) in the graph and it's arguably more insightful than the currently
available Connected Components algorithm.