giraph-user mailing list archives

From Apostolos Koutras <koutras.aposto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overriding vertex value
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:43:07 GMT
The main algorithm Betweeness.java is based on SimpleShortestPaths***.java.
In order to implement the new algorithm I had to override the message value
as well as the vertex value.

I dug up the examples, and the most compatible files where the files about
bracha-something calculation.

The overrided vertex value is myVertexValue.java and is based on
 Bracha*Value.java and in there lies the problem I suppose, probably due to
misconfigurating the serializer

// Serialization functions -----------------------------------------------

  @Override
  public void readFields(DataInput input) throws IOException {
 //   this.distance=input.readLong();
 	this.sigma=input.readDouble();
//	this.delta=input.readDouble();
  }

  @Override
  public void write(DataOutput output) throws IOException {
    int sz;

	output.writeLong(this.distance);
	output.writeDouble(this.sigma);
	output.writeDouble(this.delta);

 }

Of course, when I try to run the example I try to use the following
handler, that works for the simpleShortest paths, but now that I've
overriden the vertex value???

org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat

 The main code of the project is on www.github.com/koutras/gb   , to get
the whole idea...
At the moment Iam in a stalemate.... Any ideas so that I can make even a
small step are needed... Thanks..