giraph-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance tuning of Giraph on small cluster with Infiniband
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 16:45:40 GMT
Hi Alexander,

I think this graph is far too small for serious performance benchmarks,
it only has 1M vertices and 32M edges.

I'd suggest you either create a much larger graph or take a snapshot of
a real one. I personally like to use a snapshot of the twitter follower
graph [1] from 2009 with 50M vertices and 2B edges for experimenting.

Best,
Sebastian

[1] http://konect.uni-koblenz.de/networks/twitter_mpi

On 02/07/2014 05:41 PM, Alexander Frolov wrote:
> Undirected RMAT graph, generated by tool extracted from Graph500. Size is
> 2^20 vertices, average degree is 32.
>

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Claudio Martella <claudio.martella@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> looks like a very small graph. what's the size of the graph and the
>> topology?
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Alexander Frolov <alexndr.frolov@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, team!
>>>
>>> As I have read in previous threads, I've started evaluation of Giraph on
>>> IB-cluster. So here I want to share my results (in case it will be useful
>>> for anybody) and ask for your ideas of further improving of performance