giraph-user mailing list archives

From Young Han <young....@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Tracking Bytes Sent
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 21:58:37 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to know how many bytes are being sent (per worker per superstep),
rather than the number of messages sent. This is for an algorithm (DMST)
that sends variable size messages. In the Giraph userlogs, there are
"waitAllRequests" lines which contain "MBytesSent", with statistics
obtained from ByteCounter's getMetrics(). However, I'm unsure if this is
right: I looked at a PageRank run, divided the reported MBytesSent by the
number of outgoing messages and I get something like 0.2 bytes/message...
Is it because of encoding/compression or is this simply the wrong thing to
look at? Are there other counters?

Thanks,
Young