giraph-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release date for 1.1.0
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 01:57:07 GMT
It is the usual community-driven ASF process. Somebody
familiar with the project has to step forward as a Release Manager
and drive the release.

I did a few months back, but since then I went through a career
change that made it very difficult for me to find free cycles to
drive this release. I fully intend to pick up the slack begging
of  Feb. Given that I think beginning of March should be a
realistic deadline, but it all depends on the availability of
the Giraph PMC members to cast votes on the release
candidate.

That said, if there's anybody else who would want to
speed up this release I'd be more than happy to yield.

By and large though, ASF project typically don't give any
schedule for future releases. The way to speed it up is
to join the community, start contributing and volunteering
as RM.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Zhu, Xia <xia.zhu@intel.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to release 1.1.0 before March 2014?
>

> Thanks,
> Xia

I'll try to pick it up back this month. Still very much would like to help make it happen.