giraph-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release date for 1.1.0
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 15:43:30 GMT
Hi,

I had a look at the list and noticed that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-818 (which is based on a
research paper) is marked for 1.1.0.

Given that this issue proposes to change the programming and execution
model of Giraph, I don't see it in the scope of the upcoming release.

--sebastian

> The easiest way to start helping with a release would be to
> take a look at the JIRAs in the link I sent to the list a few
> days ago.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman,
>
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Rob Paul <urlop007@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> I will be happy to extend my help in the new release. If you allow, I
>> can initiate it and then you can jump in, as and when your time
>> permits.
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
>>> It is the usual community-driven ASF process. Somebody
>>> familiar with the project has to step forward as a Release Manager
>>> and drive the release.
>>>
>>> I did a few months back, but since then I went through a career
>>> change that made it very difficult for me to find free cycles to
>>> drive this release. I fully intend to pick up the slack begging
>>> of  Feb. Given that I think beginning of March should be a
>>> realistic deadline, but it all depends on the availability of
>>> the Giraph PMC members to cast votes on the release
>>> candidate.
>>>
>>> That said, if there's anybody else who would want to
>>> speed up this release I'd be more than happy to yield.
>>>
>>> By and large though, ASF project typically don't give any
>>> schedule for future releases. The way to speed it up is
>>> to join the community, start contributing and volunteering
>>> as RM.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roman.

Shaposhnik

my list. I'll try to pick it up back this month. Still very much would like to help make it
happen.