giraph-user mailing list archives

From Larry Compton <lawrence.comp...@gmail.com>
Subject addEdgeRequest() - Already has missing vertex on this worker for X
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:29:54 GMT
Giraph 1.0.0 - Hadoop 0.20.2 (CDH3U5)

The Giraph algorithm I'm developing dynamically retrieves adjacent vertices
from within the Vertex.compute() method. The retrieval returns immediate
neighbors and also relationships between the neighbors. For instance, for
vertex A, the following edges could be retrieved...
A->B
A->C
B->C

I'm trying to use the Vertex API to dynamically add vertices B and C and
all three edges. I've managed to successfully add B and C, along with edges
A->B and A->C (using Vertex.setEdges()). However, I'm having problems
adding B->C using Vertex.addEdgeRequest(). It's saying...

Already has missing vertex on this worker for B

...presumably because the addition of B to A's adjacency list also causes
the vertex for B to be created.

What's the proper way to update the graph?

Larry