giraph-user mailing list archives

From Artie Pesh-Imam <artie.pesh-i...@tapad.com>
Subject NPE when trying to register a persistent aggregator
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:53:41 GMT
Hi all,

Im trying to register a persistent aggregator and am getting a NPE:
version: Giraph 1.0 running against hadoop 1

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.giraph.master.MasterCompute.registerPersistentAggregator(MasterCompute.java:152)

class ReflexivePairMasterCompute extends DefaultMasterCompute {
  registerPersistentAggregator[LongArrayListWriteable]("reflexive_edges", classOf[LongArrayListAggregator])
  registerPersistentAggregator[LongArrayListWriteable]("non_reflexive_edges", classOf[LongArrayListAggregator]
}

Any ideas? It looks like it’s having issues with the following line, which leads me to wonder
if I need to do something to init the graph state:
return getGraphState().getGraphTaskManager().getMasterAggregatorUsage().
        registerPersistentAggregator(name, aggregatorClass);

--
Artie Pesh-Imam
Software Engineer @ Tapad