giraph-user mailing list archives

From Kaushik Patnaik <kaushikpatn...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing a triangle counting procedure in apace giraph
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:22:29 GMT
Hi

I am trying to implement a procedure which outputs both the number of
triangles in a graph and enumerates all the triangles for a vertex.

I am able to enumerate triangles for each node in three supersteps by the
following psuedo code

 - sending edge information (from -> to) as the message to the neighboring
nodes in each superstep
 - stopping at the third superstep and checking for symmetry of the message

However the above counts each triangle multiple times, and I have write the
message file to the disk to be queried again.

So my two questions are -

1) Is it possible to separate out messages based on the node they have come
from by using a hashmap
2) A better way to count the triangles withing giraph