giraph-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Storey <storey.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Do vertices automatically get created when using the HiveEdgeInputFormat
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:37:57 GMT
Hi, I'm new to giraph and had a question about creating a graph from a list
of edges. In a hive table, I have some data that looks like:

inVertexId | outVertexId
v1              v2
v1              v3
and so on

When loading data with the HiveEdgeInputFormat (or any edge input format),
do I need a separate input to create the vertices? Or will the vertices for
the graph automatically be created from the edges?

I'm working on putting together an example to test this out, but I wanted
to check with the group to make sure I wasn't trying something that giraph
isn't designed to do.

Thanks,
Jeff