giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Asplund <alexaspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of core execution has no effect on GC crash
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:22:41 GMT
Really appreciate the swift responses! Thanks again.

I have not both increased mapper tasks and decreased max number of
partitions at the same time. I first did tests with increased Mapper
heap available, but reset the setting after it apparently caused
other, large volume, non-Giraph jobs to crash nodes when reducers also
were running.

I'm curious why increasing mapper heap is a requirement. Shouldn't the
OOC mode be able to work with the amount of heap that is available? Is
there some agreement on the minimum amount of heap necessary for OOC
to succeed, to guide the choice of Mapper heap amount?

Either way, I will try increasing mapper heap again as much as
possible, which hopefully will run.

--
Alexander Asplund