giraph-user mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception "Already has missing vertex on this worker"
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:51:30 GMT
>> I think you may have added the same vertex 2x?
I ran the job over roughly half of the graph and saw this.  However the
input is not a connected components such that there might be target vertex
ids which do not exist.
When I ran the job over the entire graph,  I cannot see this but the job
fails with exceeding GC limit (trying out-of-core now).

Yingyi

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Avery Ching <aching@apache.org> wrote:

>  I think you may have added the same vertex 2x?  That being said, I don't
> see why the code is this way.  It should be fine.  We should file a JIRA.
>

> On 9/26/13 11:02 AM, Yingyi Bu wrote:
>
>  Thanks, Lukas!
>  I think the reason of this exception is that I run the job over part of
> the graph where some target ids do not exist.
>
>  Yingyi
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Lukas Nalezenec <
> lukas.nalezenec@firma.seznam.cz> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>> Do you use partition balancing ?
>>  Lukas
>>

>> On 09/26/13 05:16, Yingyi Bu wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>> I got this exception when I ran a Giraph-1.0.0 PageRank job over a 60 machine cluster
with 28GB input data.  But I got this exception:

>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: run: Caught an unrecoverable exception resolveMutations:
Already has missing vertex on this worker for 20464109