giraph-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySQL Table
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 07:42:35 GMT
Hi Bu,

no, currently we do not have a DBInputFormat. We have an open issue with a
google summer of code student working on a GoraInputFormat, which supports
also reading from RDBMs through Gora. However, if/when it will get it, it
will not provide a rich semantic as DBInputFormat, e.g. you'll be able to
only provide scan-like/range queries, instead of ANY query like
DBInputFormat.

I think that creating an DB[Vertex|Edge]InputFormat starting from the
hadoop DBInputFormat should not be too hard and could prove to be a very
useful contribution. If you think about providing an implementation, I can
provide guidance.

Best,
Claudio

--