giraph-user mailing list archives

From David Boyd <db...@data-tactics-corp.com>
Subject Re: Out of core execution has no effect on GC crash
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 01:21:23 GMT
Alexander:
     You might try turning off the GC Overhead limit
(-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit)
Also you could turn on verbose GC logging (-verbose:gc
-Xloggc:/tmp/@taskid@.gc)
to see what is happening.
Because the OOC still has to create and destroy objects I suspect that
the heap is just
getting really fragmented.

There are options that you can set with Java to change the type of
garbage collection and
how it is scheduled as well.

You might up the heap size slightly - what is the default heap size on
your cluster?

--
========= mailto:dboyd@data-tactics.com ============
David W. Boyd

and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and deleting the material from any computer.