giraph-user mailing list archives

From Marco Aurelio Barbosa Fagnani Lotz <m.a.b.l...@stu12.qmul.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Dynamic Graphs
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:13:57 GMT
Dear Mr. Martella,

Once achieved the conditions for updating the vertex data base, what it the best way for the
Injector Vertex to call an input reader again?

I am able to access all the HDFS data, but I guess the vertex would need to have access to
the input splits and also the vertex input format that I designate. Am I correct? Or there
is a way that one can just ask Zookeeper to create new splits and distribute to the workers
from given a path in DFS?

Best Regards,
Marco Lotz
________________________________
From: Claudio Martella <claudio.martella@gmail.com>
Sent: 14 August 2013 15:25
To: user@giraph.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic Graphs

Hi Marco,

Giraph currently does not support that. One way of doing this would be by having a specific
(pseudo-)vertex to act as the "injector" of the new vertices and edges For example, it would
read a file from HDFS and call the mutable API during the computation, superstep after superstep.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Marco Aurelio Barbosa Fagnani Lotz <m.a.b.lotz@stu12.qmul.ac.uk<mailto:m.a.b.lotz@stu12.qmul.ac.uk>>