giraph-user mailing list archives

From Maja Kabiljo <majakabi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: MultiVertexInputFormat
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 03:23:48 GMT
Hi Yasser,

You can do this through the Configuration parameters. You should call:
description1.addParameter("myApplication.vertexInputPath", "file1.txt");
and
description2.addParameter("myApplication.vertexInputPath", "file2.txt");
Then from the code of your InputFormat class you can get this parameter from Configuration.
If it's not already, make sure your InputFormat implements ImmutableClassesGiraphConfigurable,
and configuration is going to be set in it automatically.

You can also take a look at HiveGiraphRunner which uses multiple inputs and sets parameters
user passes from command line.

Hope this helps,
Maja

From: Yasser Altowim <yasser.altowim@ericsson.com<mailto:yasser.altowim@ericsson.com>>
Date: Monday, August 19, 2013 9:16 AM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>" <user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: MultiVertexInputFormat

Hi Guys,

     Any help on this will be appreciated. I am repeating my question and my code below:

I am implementing an algorithm in Giraph that reads the vertex values from two input files,
each has its own format. I am not using  any EdgeInputFormatClass. I am now using VertexInputFormatDescription
along with MultiVertexInputFormats, but still could not figure out how to set the Vertex input
path for each Input Format Class. Can you please take a look at my code below and show me
how to set the Vertex Input Path? I have taken a look at HiveGiraphRunner but still no luck.
Thanks

    if (null == getConf()) {
        conf = new Configuration();
    }

    GiraphConfiguration gconf = new GiraphConfiguration(getConf());
    int workers = Integer.parseInt(arg0[2]);
    gconf.setWorkerConfiguration(workers, workers, 100.0f);

    List<VertexInputFormatDescription> vertexInputDescriptions = Lists.newArrayList();

    // Input one
    VertexInputFormatDescription description1 = new VertexInputFormatDescription(UseCase1FirstVertexInputFormat.class);
    // how to set the vertex input path? i.e. how to say that I want to read file1.txt using
this input format class
    vertexInputDescriptions.add(description1);

    // Input two
    VertexInputFormatDescription description2 = new VertexInputFormatDescription(UseCase1SecondVertexInputFormat.class);
    // how to set the vertex input path?
    vertexInputDescriptions.add(description2);

    GiraphConstants.VERTEX_INPUT_FORMAT_CLASS.set(gconf,
                                                                                MultiVertexInputFormat.class);
    VertexInputFormatDescription.VERTEX_INPUT_FORMAT_DESCRIPTIONS.set(gconf,InputFormatDescription.toJsonString(vertexInputDescriptions));

    gconf.setVertexOutputFormatClass(UseCase1OutputFormat.class);
    gconf.setComputationClass(UseCase1Vertex.class);
    GiraphJob job = new GiraphJob(gconf, "Use Case 1");
    FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job.getInternalJob(), new Path(arg0[1]));
    return job.run(true) ? 0 : -1;

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Yasser

Thanks a lot Avery for your response. I am now using VertexInputFormatDescription, but still
could not figure out how to set the Vertex input path. I just need to read the vertex values
from two different files, each with its own format. I am not using  any EdgeInputFormatClass.

         Can you please take a look at my code below and show me how to set the Vertex Input
Path? Thanks

if (null == getConf()) {
                conf = new Configuration();
           }