giraph-user mailing list archives

From Kyle Orlando <kyle.r.orla...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with sending/receiving messages of type IntArrayListWritable
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 19:05:34 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to write code to compute the local clustering coefficient
of a vertex/some vertices, and to do this I send a message that
contains a list of the source's neighbors to each of its neighbors.
This is in, of course, an IntArrayListWritable.  I check the list that
I am sending before invoking sendMessage(), and it appears to be
correct. However, when I use message.iterator.next() or something
similar, the IntArrayListWritable objects seem to repeat or something.
I did some logging, and here was the output:

SUPERSTEP 0
------------------------------
Vertex 1 sends [2, 3, 4] to Vertex 2
Vertex 1 sends [2, 3, 4] to Vertex 3
Vertex 1 sends [2, 3, 4] to Vertex 4

SUPERSTEP 1
------------------------------
Vertex 2 receives [2, 3, 4]
Vertex 2 sends [1] to Vertex 1

SUPERSTEP 1
------------------------------
Vertex 3 receives [2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4]
Vertex 3 sends [1] to Vertex 1

SUPERSTEP 1
------------------------------
Vertex 4 receives [2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4]
Vertex 4 sends [0] to Vertex 1

SUPERSTEP 2
Message 1 contains: [1]
Message 2 contains: [1, 1, 1]