giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Presta <alessan...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Regarding multiple values of a vertex
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:57:03 GMT
Hi Harsh,

It's currently not possible to combine multiple vertex values, but it is on our roadmap.
For now, you could try using MapReduce to aggregate those values before you feed them to the
Giraph job.

Alessandro

From: Harsh Rathi <harsh.cs09@gmail.com<mailto:harsh.cs09@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:24 AM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>" <user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: Regarding multiple values of a vertex

Hi All,

I am taking input graph in the form of 2 separate files "Edge-List" and "Vertex-List".
In Vertex-List file, a vertex can have multiple values (value of vertex is of text format)
i.e. there can be multiple entries of vertex-value pair for same vertex.

While taking input of a vertex in Giraph, it checks whether if vertex is already present in
graph, then it replaces the old value with  new value of vertex. I want to append all the
vertex values for the same vertex (String format).

I can do it by changing the giraph-core's source code. But, I am looking for a solution in
which while taking input using vertex-input class, it is possible retrieve old value of that
vertex. Is it possible to do what I am proposing ? Can I retrieve the value of vertex using
Vertex Id in vertex-input class ?

Thanks

Harsh Rathi
IIT Delhi