giraph-user mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scaling Problem
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:13:22 GMT
Hi guys,

At some point, we do need to help with a guide for conserving memory,
but this is a generic Java problem.  You can work around it by avoiding
objects as much as possible by using primitives directly.  If you need
primitive collections see FastUtils, Trove, etc.  Combiners also save a
lot of memory for messages.

What are your message types?

Avery