giraph-user mailing list archives

From Christian Krause ...@ckrause.org>
Subject PageRankBenchmark: checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration fails
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:02:53 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Hadoop 2.0.3.alpha with a single node set-up, and Giraph 1.0.0.
When I try the PageRank example I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration: When using LocalJobRunner, must have only
one worker since only 1 task at a time!
        at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphJob.checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration(GiraphJob.java:151)

When I set the number of workers to 1, I get this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration: When using LocalJobRunner, you cannot run
in split master / worker mode since there is only 1 task at a time!
        at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphJob.checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration(GiraphJob.java:157)

I have found another message reporting about the same problem, but it was
not answered. Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Christian