giraph-user mailing list archives

From "David Gainer" <dgai...@bbn.com>
Subject Restarting Algorithm Pattern
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 05:04:26 GMT
I have an algorithm where I'd like to iterative over the vertices with a
configuration variable set to some value.  Then, when all the vertices vote
to halt, I'd like to reduce the configuration variable and repeat the inner
iteration until some threshold of the configuration variable is reached.  I
was wondering what the natural way of programming that would be.  It seems
like a master Computing situation - but I didn't see any method for
un-halting vertices.  I also wasn't sure when A vertex would ever be able to
call its own wakeup function.

Thanks,

David