giraph-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Emre Alada─č <emre.ala...@agmlab.com>
Subject Edge value types don't match
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 09:17:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to implement LinkRank in Giraph. For now, I started with a
copy of PageRank example and trying to run and improve it.

My VertexInputFormat: Text Float
My EdgeInputFormat: Text Text

where Text are URLs and Float is the LinkRank score.

Now I'm getting a type mismatch error (below). I could not find the
source of the mismatch. When does one get this error? I'm defining the
edge weights as NullWritable and Messages as FloatWritable. Here it says
at one location I have NullWritable and some place Writable. But I can't
see it.

Thanks,

My source code is:
https://github.com/AGMLab/giraph/tree/trunk/giraph-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/giraph/examples/LinkRank

[emre@localhost giraph-agmlab]$ hadoop jar
giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-1.0.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar

org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.LinkRank.LinkRankVertex -vif
org.apache.giraph.examples.LinkRank.LinkRankVertexInputFormat -eif
org.apache.giraph.examples.LinkRank.LinkRankEdgeInputFormat -of
org.apache.giraph.examples.LinkRank.LinkRankVertexOutputFormat -w 1 -vip
nodes.txt -eip edges.txt -op linkOutput4
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkClassTypes: Edge value types don't match, vertex - class
org.apache.hadoop.io.NullWritable, vertex input format - interface
org.apache.hadoop.io.Writable
         at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.verifyVertexInputFormatGenericTypes(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:245)
         at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.validateConfiguration(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:122)
         at
org.apache.giraph.utils.ConfigurationUtils.parseArgs(ConfigurationUtils.java:154)
         at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:74)
         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
         at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:124)
         at
         at