giraph-user mailing list archives

From Maja Kabiljo <majakabi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: How to use a custom vertex in 1.1.0 SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 18:08:19 GMT
Having instance variables inside of Vertex wasn't the right thing to do in 1.0 (from old Vertex
javadoc "Giraph will store Vertex value and edges, hence all user data should be stored as
part of the vertex value."). So if this data is a part of vertex state, you should put it
in vertex value.

From: Han JU <ju.han.felix@gmail.com<mailto:ju.han.felix@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:07 AM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>" <user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: How to use a custom vertex in 1.1.0 SNAPSHOT

Hi,

I changed to version 1.1.0 for the input filtering thing and I noticed the API changes due
to GIRAPH-687. Actually this broke my code because, for some reason, I have some instance
variables in the vertex class (some flags, lists) apart from the vertex value. When I adapt
the code to use the computation class, I can't find a way to put these instance variables
into each vertex.

So do we have something like setCustomVertexClass? How could I achieve this in 1.1.0?
Thanks.
--
JU Han

Software Engineer Intern @ KXEN Inc.
UTC   -  Université de Technologie de Compiègne
     GI06 - Fouille de Données et Décisionnel

+33 0619608888<tel:%2B33%200619608888>