giraph-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellithorpe <jdellitho...@gmail.com>
Subject Running SimpleShortestPathsVertex with ToolRunner
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:23:05 GMT
Hi,

I am using version 0.2 of giraph and version 0.20.203 of hadoop. I would
like to run the SimpleShortestPathsVertex example, and so I tried the
command in the documentation (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GIRAPH/Shortest+Paths+Example):

hadoop jar
~/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex graph output 0 3

but I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex.main([Ljava.lang.String;)

Indicating that the class has no main method. The documentation (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GIRAPH/Shortest+Paths+Example)
in fact states that this is the expected behavior in giraph 0.2 because it
must be run with ToolRunner, but I don't see any instructions for executing
SimpleShortestPathsVertex using ToolRunner.

This is the first time that I am running hadoop and giraph, so I am
probably missing something here, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Jonathan