giraph-user mailing list archives

From David Boyd <db...@data-tactics-corp.com>
Subject Re: Running SimpleShortestPathsVertex with ToolRunner
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:35:17 GMT
All of the documentation for Giraph on both the Githiub wiki and the the
Apache site is out of date as it related to the 0.2 version.   Currently
I have tested the following benchmark examples from the core library:

PageRankBenchmark
ShortestPathsBenchmark
AggregatorsBenchmark
RandomMessageBenchmark
Help for these examples is provided via the -h option as shown below:

hadoop jar giraph-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark -h
usage: org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark [-e <arg>] [-h] [-s
  -e,--edgesPerVertex <arg>      Edges per vertex
  -h,--help                      Help
  -s,--supersteps <arg>          Supersteps to execute before finishing
  -v,--verbose                   Verbose
  -V,--aggregateVertices <arg>   Aggregate vertices
  -w,--workers <arg>             Number of workers
Just substitute the class name of the example you want help for in the
command above.

It is critical that the number of workers be NO MORE than one less than
the available number of map slots on your cluster.

The following was used to execute the PageRankBenchmark example on my
cluster:

  hadoop jar giraph-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark
-Dmapred.child.java-opts="-Xmx64g -Xms64g XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit" -Dgiraph.zkList=10.1.94.104:2181 -e 1 -s 3 -v
-V 50000 -w 83