giraph-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Custom halt condition
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:16:11 GMT
Hi,

In my use case (implementation of affinity propagation) I want to halt the computation if
at least of minimum of vertex has voted to halt. As far as I understand the default is to
halt if all vertex has voted to halt and no messages are sent between vertices. But in my
use case, even if a vertex has voted to halt, it must sent and receive message in case there
is a next superstep. And with some of my data, some vertex makes a lot of superstep to converge
and vote to halt. Which I don't care much if there are a little percentage of theses.

My current implementation create a fake "master" vertex which is gathering the convergence
of all vertices via messages. And once that master decide it is time to halt the computation,
it sends a message to all vertices so they all halt.

But I have seen some thread here about some master compute, I have seen some code about aggregators,
so I guess there is some smarter way of implementing this ?

Nicolas