giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alexandros Daglis <alexandros.dag...@epfl.ch>
Subject Inter- and intra-node message passing
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:03:22 GMT
Hello everybody,

I was wondering about the message-passing protocol: is there a difference
if two communicating threads are on the same node, as opposed to being on
different ones? Is communication achieved through memory whenever the
threads are local to the node, or does it always default to the network?

I tried answering that question by going through the code, but I haven't
seen any high-level difference in handling those two different cases. I
would appreciate if someone could give me a hint on that.

Thank you in advance.
Alexandros