giraph-user mailing list archives

From Nate <touring_...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Waiting for times required to be 19 (currently 18)
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:32:56 GMT
Maja,

Success!

I did check and see that the giraph jar being used was dated 6-Feb, but many hours before
your fix made it into the source tree.  I probably forgot to put the new jar that I made earlier
this week into the right place.  How frustrating.

I recompiled the very latest code, put the jar into the right place and have been able to
execute the giraph job multiple times successfully.  It even executes much faster than before,
and the time to execute is reliable too.  Time to execute used to vary between 10 and 20 minutes
when Giraph was able to complete, but now takes between 70 to 80 seconds every time without
any problems.

Many thanks for fixing the original issue, and for replying to my email to the list.

Nate

From: majakabiljo@fb.com
To: user@giraph.apache.org
Subject: Re: Waiting for times required to be 19 (currently 18)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:04:53 +0000

Nate,

Are all the workers waiting for request from the same worker? (in the log "waitSomeRequests:
Waiting for request" destTask is what you should look at) If so, check if there is some exception
on that worker. You can also try decreasing giraph.maxRequestMilliseconds
 and see what happens after the request gets resent. Please let us know what you find out!

Maja